Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The wedding

I can’t describe what I feel right now, but I definitely like what I feel...
--Mendell. On getting married

SOME EIGHT YEARS ago, he captured my beloved cousin’s heart. And now, they are finally married.
It was only 2 weeks prior the Day, when I learned that they are finally becoming as one. After a long vacation during the holidays, they came over at the house and invited me to shoot and be the lens man for their once in a lifetime marriage. I never hesitated to say “Yes!”
Being in charge of the camera is not an easy task, and quite very tedious too, espe
cially when I am an eager novice amateur whose experience is limited to shooting digital still photos. I needed the help of Lucky (he’s my brother) to handle the stationary VCR fixed in a borrowed tripod. Although I was already spared from editing the film, I still craved to forge the stripping and special effects. I aimed it as a gift to Cheryll who lived her last day as a single minutes before 1800 hrs last January 7. I just thought that directing the camera is not enough. But I was hindered from doing so, for failing to copy the films’ content in my Neo sketchpad.
Something is cooking inside my mind. I won’t let it pass without giving Cheryll a “prese
nt” that they would definitely treasure.
The reward is indeed overwhelming. From a camera’s point of view, I was able to view the whole ceremony in full. I had the chance to witness the indescribable joy that poured out from their faces. They were absolutely having the great time of their lives. I was able to capture different portrait of happiness painted by the smiles of every living soul who came to embrace my cousin and her husband’s exchange of “I do”.

No comments: